At SAVETAX (for the sake of brevity hereinafter referred to as “SAVETAX/we”), we are committed to protecting information which identifies and relates to our clients or other individuals (personal information) and complying with the Information Technology Act, 2000 with all its amendments, and other relevant laws for the time being in force in India. We value our relationship with our client the most.
Clients, advisers, visitors be it mere surfers and/or registered users of our website/App (Income tax Return filing/Tax Notices/Tax Scrutiny/Tax Planning Application products of SAVETAX) and Services, service providers, enquirers, direct and/or indirect beneficiaries etc. (for the sake of brevity hereinafter referred to as “you”), further to our sites, all the products and Services such as Income tax Return filing/Tax Notices/Tax Scrutiny/Tax Planning Application along with other allied products and services etc.
1. Information we may collect about you
2. Why we collect information about you
3. How we may use your personal information
5. Sharing your personal information
6. Transmission, storage and security of your personal information
7. Retention of your personal information
8. Your rights
9. Contacting us
11. Cookies statement
1. Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
* when you subscribe to newsletter, we collect your email address;
* information that you provide by filling in forms and/or upload to us;
* to get yourself registered you must provide us the information including your name, address, contact details, email address and a password, this information is collected for personal identification (“User Credentials”), to provide the tax preparation services;
* for advisory services, this includes details relating to your instructions for us to provide advisory services, the administration and management of those services and of any claim or complaint including details provided by a third party;
* in order to avail Tax related services you must provide information such as and not limited to your name, address, email address, phone number, Permanent Account Number (“PAN”), bank account number, MICR Code, income and deductions data, Director Identification Number (DIN) expenses data, asset and liability details, vouchers, bank statements, FORM 15CA, FORM 16, FORM 26AS, tax payment challans, debit and credit account numbers with its expiration details and any other information as may be required to prepare your tax return.
* If you want to avail our Tax scrutiny /Tax notice services, then we collect from you the copy of the Notice and/or any other correspondence(s) sent to you by the concerned department and the relevant information. This information is collected for preparation and filing of the appropriate reply to the Notice on your behalf.
* if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, email, voicemail or details of any conversation we may have with you;
* details of your visits to our website and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access
* ;and information that is available in public domain and/or from publically available sources including social media websites.
2. Why we collect information about you
We may process personal information for certain legitimate or lawful purposes in some or all of the following ways:
* to enhance the security of our network and information systems;
* to identify and prevent online fraud, occurrence of cyber crime;
* to maintain our accounts and records;
* to modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/ communications;
* to comply with the laws for the time being in force in India, guidelines, orders issued by law enforcement agencies, court and regulatory bodies’ requirements;
* to defend or make claims;
* to correspond with clients, beneficiaries and claimants in order to facilitate the tax planning and advisory services;
* to comply with a legal obligation;
* to protect your vital interest or the interest of another individual;
* for training and quality purposes;
* Know Your Client/Customer (KYC) compliance;
* for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract; and
* for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of an official authority.
3. How we may use your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
* to make decisions on whether to provide tax planning or advisory services;
* to manage your income tax return filing or advisory services including tax planning;
* to monitor calls and transactions to ensure service quality, compliance with procedures, to combat fraud and insure compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 with all its amendments, other relevant laws for the time being in force in India and the SAVETAX’s policies;
* to identify you and to carry out any identity checks as may be required by applicable law and best practice at any given time;
* to recover any payments due to us;
* to analyze it in order to understand the service we provide and in order to improve our business;
* to manage our infrastructure, business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures;
* to notify you about changes to our service; and
* for marketing services to you by post, email, SMS, phone.
We will never process your personal data where these interests are overridden by your interests.
When you subscribe to newsletters we collect your email address to e-mail you the newsletters.
We want to be clear about what information we collect and how we use it to deliver our Services to you, improve your financial life, operate our business, and help make our Services useful, more intelligent, and work better for you. We do not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for their own commercial uses without your consent at any cost.
Your consent to our processing of your personal information for certain purposes may be necessary to comply with the Information Technology Act 2000 with all its amendments, other relevant laws for the time being in force in India; and on such points wherever mandatory, we will ask you for your consent in accordance with those laws. You may withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
The moment you visit our website, using its contents, it will be deemed that you have consented to the privacy policies of the SaveTax Private Ltd.
6. Sharing your personal information
Service Providers- Know Your Customer (KYC) validating agencies and other related entities-
Wherever permitted by the applicable law, SaveTax Private Ltd. may disclose to service providers your personal information such as your KYC details to appropriate designated agencies to validate your KYC status, KYC documentation status, Aadhaar authentication, PAN validity checks and to check/ retrieve your KYC details, your bank for generation of automated financial profile, to various tax departments for accessing your Form 26AS etc. This is done to automate several data items which you would otherwise need to manually enter.
Wherever permitted by the applicable law, SaveTax Private Ltd. may disclose your personal information to service providers who perform business functions or host on our behalf, irrespective of their location in India or outside. These third-party service providers may use information (excluding your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements on this site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user. We will have specific arrangements in the form of agreements with our service providers pertaining to the appropriate/legitimate use of your personal information, requiring them to safeguard your personal information.
Joint marketing arrangements-
SaveTax Private Ltd. may provide information to joint marketers with whom SaveTax Private Ltd has a marketing arrangement.
Persons who acquire our assets or business-
In case, SaveTax Private Ltd. sells or transfers any of its rights, interests, claims in any of its business or assets, certain information about our clients that may be part of that sale or transfer. In the event of such a sale or transfer, SaveTax Private Ltd will notify you.
Other third parties- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court actions; SaveTax Private Ltd. may disclose your personal information to third parties including but not limited to the Courts of law and/or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or in order to enable SaveTax Private Ltd. to comply with its regulatory requirements/compliances or dialogue with law enforcement agencies as applicable for the purposes of prevention, detection, investigation of cyber crime incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences provided the Government agencies state that information so obtained shall not be published or shared with any other person.
SaveTax Private Ltd. may also disclose aggregate information compiled using your personal information that does not disclose your identity individually or personally. This may include, for example, the total number of visitors to our portal/website from a particular State, or an average age of an user of our website etc.
7. Transmission, storage and security of your personal information
SaveTax Private Ltd is committed with all due care and diligence and technological advancement to protect your personal data from intrusion. We maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 with all its amendments and other relevant laws time being in force in India.
All information within our control is stored on our secure servers, accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards.
SaveTax Private Ltd. has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. All the personal information as may be provided by you on the website is transmitted using SSL (Secured Socket Layer) encryption.
Where SaveTax Private Ltd. discloses your personal data to a third party, we require that third party to have appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect your personal data.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or any other portal we operate, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. As a diligent service provider, we ask you not to share a password with anyone.
8. Retention of your personal information
We maintain a data retention policy which we apply to all data in our care. Where your personal information is no longer required we will ensure it is securely deleted.
9. Your rights
The Information Technology Act 2000 with all its amendments give you rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, which may include the right to require us to:
* provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information
* provide you with a copy of the personal information we hold about you
* update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you
* request us to delete any of your personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use
* where processing is based on consent, stop that particular processing by withdrawing your consent
* object to any processing based on our legitimate interests unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights
* transfer your personal information to a third party in a standardized machine-readable format
In certain circumstances, we may need to restrict your rights, in order to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime).
10. Contacting us
We have a Grievance Officer who supervises how we use personal information. You can contact our Grievance Officer about privacy-related issues on:
Name: Mr – Sanjay Varma
Designation: Grievance Officer
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +91 (Time: Mon. to Fri. 10 am to 6 pm)
12. Cookies statement
Through the use of the cookies we can display only those items that may be of your interest on a particular site, or make it easier for you to access your account information.
Like any other standard website servers, SaveTax Private Ltd. uses log files. Such files may contain internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring /exit pages, platform type etc.
Whether you want your web browser to accept cookies or not is up to you. If you haven’t changed your computer’s settings, most likely your browser already accepts cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience all features of the website. You can also delete your browser cookies of disable them entirely. But this may significantly impact your experience with our website and may make parts of our website non-functional or inaccessible.
This website may contain links to other third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information.
We want you to be informed about what information we collect and how we use it to render you our services, improve your financial life, operate our business and help make our services useful. We do not sell or share your personal information with unauthorized third parties for their own commercial uses without your consent.